Milwaukee 2691-22 18-Volt Compact Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit
I recently owned a Makita set so I will compare the two. I use the tools every day in remodel and new construction work.
* The Milwaukee is slightly heavier, but still easy to use.
* The belt clip on tool base is very useful. Makita doesn’t have same feature.
* Battery life seems to be the same. I love the charge level indicator on the battery, but when it is dead, it stops immediately, no gradual loss.
* The hard plastic carry case will last much longer than the Makita cordura bag, which was pretty beat up after six months of use.
* Both brands have a use light above trigger but Makita’s will glow for a short stretch after trigger release whereas the Milwaukee turns off immediately.
* Makita also has the glow ring on the impact driver that makes finding it in the dark easier, very handy.
* The Milwaukee impact driver has a rubber bumper strip on both sides of the nose for friction protection [nice] but one end on both sides come unattached with very little use [annoying]. I had to super glue them in place and they have held for several weeks.
* I anticipate no difference in tool life and durability having used both tool brands for many years.